Skip to main content

Picking the brain of Olivia C


Olivia C is my movie buddy, my Virgo buddy, and my 'let me sit in your car and screech for 20 minutes before school buddy'. I love her dearly. Here's a Q&A I did with her today!


BM:You're being forced to immigrate to a country tonight @ 9 pm where are you going? 

OC: Switzerland maybe? Because they have like, rights for women. There's nice equality there. Or I would go to France, for obvious reasons. I know people in France. 

BM: Yeah our Pen Pals. 

OC: Nope they're from...

BM+OC: Italy!

OC: We still write letters...I'm kinda in love with him.  

BM: If you were to name your baby boy after one of the colors of the rainbow which one would you choose? 

OC: Blue.Yep. 

BM: Not like aqua...or teal? 

OC: That's not on the rainbow, I'm talkin' ROYGBV!

BM: I mean you could dive into hues. 

OC: Red is kinda cute. 

BM:...No it's not. 

OC: You asked ME! 

BM: Yeah yeah yeah. 

BM: Do you believe that fate determines our future or that choices do (or a little bit of both)? 

OC: A little bit of both, Nature/Nurture baby. 

BM: Elaborate on that. 

OC: Well when you make a choice you enter an alternate reality where you make that specific choice--

BM: But there are no other timelines. 

OC: Yes there ARE! There are millions of timelines where there are different choices that you make. There are alternate universes where you made difference decisions. 

BM:  Oh no that's too heavy for me. But okay. 

OC: Put that on my gravestone. 

BM: Which one of the Elements represents you the best? Earth---

OC: Earth !

 BM: Air Wind or Fire? 

OC: Earth. 

BM: Wait...that's not...those aren't the elements. 

OC: Yeah they are. 

BM: I said Earth,Wind, Air, and Fire.I left out water.

OC: That doesn't matter. 

BM: mmm I think I'm more air. 

OC: I think you're air as well. 

BM: I mean I'm an earth sign but I've got air in my---

OC: HEAD! 

BM: Let me just pack up my bag and go. 

BM: If you could automatically become fluent in one language and skilled at one instrument what would they be? 

OC: Ohmygod.Okay, for language I would either do french or sign language. For instrument I would do piano because I have a deep rooted history with piano. 

BM: elaborate on that history 

OC: My dad put me in lessons and he wanted me to be a concert pianist. Like he wanted me to do it. So I did it up until fourth grade and then I quit. 

BM: Ditto

OC: I think it's really cool, it's a very interesting instrument. I'd love to play classical stuff from Call Me By Your Name. 

BM: Not mystery of love...

BM: First song that comes to mind when I say the word Dance? 

OC: (covers mouth) 

BM: You've gotta say it. 

OC: *singing* Just Dance

OC + BM: *singing*  It'll be okay doot do do! 

BM: Name one fictional character that you think represents you 

OC: Either rapunzel from Tangled or Amy March. 

BM: Okay um---

OC: Or Scout from To kill a Mockingbird even though she's like 5. 

BM: She was 9. 

OC: Alright then even though she's like 9!

BM: If you had to lose your ability to hear or your ability to see which won would you choose? 

OC: Hear.

BM: Yeah? 

OC: Actually. Well actually I don't really know because my Uncle (covers mouth) 

BM: (turns away) NO! You've gotta say it now. 

OC: My uncle deaf. I think that would be sad because I wouldn't be able to hear music. But I'd guess that blindness would be trickier. We could ask Helen Keller. 

BM: She's fake. 

OC: She's so not real. 

BM: There's no way. 

OC: There's a quote on the wall in my math class and it's like the longest quote I've ever seen and I'm like...SHE CAN'T!!

BM: Propaganda. 

OC: Exactly. 

BM: Would you rather fall off a bike---

OC: *grunts* done that

BM: (laughs) sorry! I lost my question. I didn't have it but I lost it. 

OC: Bike or...scooter? Bike. Actually no, scooter. 

BM: Ugh, scooter hurts. 

OC: But I've done a bike before and it's kinda chaotic you're like Wahh.

BM: What is your favorite ABBA song? 

OC: Ugh, that's hard. 

BM: It is hard, I don't know what mine is. That's a lie. Either Waterloo or Thank you for the Music

OC: Waterloo's okayyy. 

BM: *blows raspberry* Okay?!?

OC: Mine is probably Winner Takes it All. 

BM: Noooo...I really like Me Against---I almost said Me against the Music. 

OC: Alright Britney. 

BM: That is a great song though. Both versions are pretty epic. 

OC: The glee version? 

BM: No the Britney/Madonna version is quite good too. 

OC: Britney sounds like Britney but Santana does not sound like Madonna. 

BM: Santana sounds better, quietly. 

OC: Love me some Santana...rip. 

BM: Ooof rip *kisses the sky* 

BM: Name an Actress that you think you're similar to, like personality wise. 

OC: Oooo Ana de Armas, I think she's very funny. 

BM: Nooo has like no personality, she's just stunning. 

OC: Well. 

BM: I mean that can do alot for you in that town. She's charming, not funny. There's a difference. 

BM: So you get out of your car and a bird just craps on your head and you have nothing to clean yourself off with. Do you go home or try and find the nearest bathroom and go about your day? 

OC: I would...probably go home because I'd wanna shower. You know, take a few pictures. Tell my mom about it. Cry about it. But then go about my day and it'd look a bit different but I'd...ya know...carry on. 

BM: *sings fun's Carry On* 

OC: That's usually how I function. I have my moment and then I keep it movin. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lifelong Affair with Corinne Bailey Rae

Corinne Bailey Rae has existed in my universe for as long as I can remember. My parents were music snobs back in the day and only allowed me and my sisters to listen to what they listened to in a  (successful) attempt to make sure that we all picked up their taste. Growing up I heard a lot of Prince, a lot of Sade, a lot of Billie Holiday, and a lot of Stevie Wonder. And while all of those artists have a special place in my heart none of them have stuck with me the way that Corinne Bailey Rae has.  Corinne Bailey Rae's self-titled debut album came out in 2006 when I was 2 years old. My family was still a family of four, we hadn't moved to the suburbs yet, and my father still had all of his hair. Things were different. I don't what hearing CBR's music for the first time felt like (re: two years old) but I do know that I heard it all of the time. It played during road trips down to Mississippi, while my mom cooked dinner, while me and my older sister slept. That a

If I ever got a tattoo...

I'd probably faint and/or cry the second they used those little cleaning wipes to prepare me for the needle. Then, after being nursed back to health with a juice box and slightly sedated with something serious but sensible (try saying those last seven words five times fast...), I'd hop back on my chair and finalize my design. The idea of getting a tattoo freaks me out because tattoos are forever and  the thought of anything that I do being final is genuinely terrifying, So I wouldn't even bother trying to come up with a design of something special or even relatively important. No, I'd get something silly enough for it not to be taken too seriously but respectable enough for it to not make me look like a total idiot. A bee...a semi circle...a fried egg...the letter w...a qr code that sends you to the YouTube video of BeyoncĂ©'s 2009 Grammy performance...a rubber ducky. Nothing is really off limits as long is it fits the aforementioned requirements. I'd want the ta

Tune Tour

The other day I was messing around Pinterest (as you do) and felt a massive urge to renovate my life in some sort of long lasting but not super tangible way (as you do) so I decided to redo my  spotify playlist covers. I'm very particular about my playlists. I've the same 9 for 3 years and they're all poorly titled and horribly curated. I love them dearly. But I knew that it was time for a change so I dedicated my Sunday afternoon (+ night) to vamping them up. Here are the results!  me, listening to my new playlists